Sunday, June 28, 2015

THE SOUND


By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place; by his knowledge the watery depths were divided, and the cloud let drop the dew. 
Proverbs 3:19-20


It’s been over two years since I last posted a blog.  I thank those of you who have followed my blog, and my apologies for the huge lapse in time.  :)    So much has happened in my life, these past years,  I wouldn’t know where to begin.  One thing is certain,  I now have plenty of new experiences to write about.   So, I invite you all to follow my footsteps through this next season of my life!   

Those of you who are new to my blog, may perhaps be wondering, “Why Feet of Faith?”   Since, the wee age of 8, my life has been a walk with God, through the good, the bad and the ugly.   Yes, I am a believer in Creation, that God is the creator of all things including Mankind, and because of his great love for us, sent his son Jesus Christ into the world, not to judge Mankind, but to save us, to give us eternal life and an abundant life here on earth.   I’m not a religious person, but rather, a person who has a relationship with God through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.  I am simply a follower of Jesus.

*  *  *  *  *                        
During the Christmas holiday’s last year, I went to my friends annual poetry reading party.   She has been throwing these parties for at least the past 15+ years.  Her shindigs are always such a hit.  We’re always amazed at the hidden talents that pour out of our friends.  Who knew there are such poets amongst us!   This time, I wrote about a place I visited last summer.  I spent three months in Scotland and during my stay I had the opportunity to visit my cousin and her family who live in the Isle of Man.  It was one of the highlights of my stay in the U.K.!  If you’re reading this cuz, thanks again for having me.  :) 

There’s a place at the Southern tip of The Isle of Man called, The Sound.   My poem is about that place. 

THE SOUND 

I close my eyes, what do I hear?
The crashing, of rushing waves, that seem so near.
Like symbols clashing, as the sound escapes
My ears alert, as I stand in awe, of such a place. 

The chill that meets my rosy cheeks,
from the dashing wind, where does it seek?
It’s resounding tenor, from left to right
that carries a melody of such force & might. 

And then a shift of warmth, my face so longs.
The clouds have separated, the sunshine prolongs.
The ocean, the wind, the clouds, the sun; all in such harmony.
Only its Creator conducts such a symphony.

by Rhoshan Amir 

Psalm 19:1-4  The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech;  night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.  Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.


Whenever I stand before God’s incredible beauty, whether it be the ocean, the mountains, a field of wild flowers, or gazing up at the millions of stars …. it takes my breath away to know that the creator of such magnificence, sees me.  He knew me before I was knitted in my mother’s womb.  He knows the number of hairs on my head.  He knew my name before my parents named me and he hears me and loves me and whispers in my ear to let me know that he is always near.  Wow!   

God wants to commune with you.  So simply, close your eyes and listen for His voice.  


John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 

2 comments:

  1. Your writings about God are so beautifully stated. I wish I could hear God the way you do. Looking forward to hearing where 'the feet' go in this new season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Oh, and I love the new picture.

    ReplyDelete